.

Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it.

- William Durant

Monday, February 8, 2010

Return? But not the same...

I guess I sort of went on a recovery streak after my break up. I guess not really because I wanted to get better. Mainly because food was comfort. For the first time in a long time, food was comfort.
Trust me, I'm as surprised as you are.
But ever since then, I've been eating like a normal (sometimes chubby) person. I'm pretty sure I've put on a good ten pounds since all this has changed. I'm sure it could have been avoided, I've been eating pretty recklessly. But honestly, I think I needed a kick like this. Not to make me fast again. I don't think I COULD fast again. But to make me realize that my eating habits would do nothing for a long term, healthy weight loss. Only that can be achieved WITH food, not without it.
I'm just sad it took losing a boy to realize this.

3 comments:

  1. At least you were able to realize this! And guess what? You're saner and healthier because of it. No more hangups, sweetie. You're amazing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Bree said, you should just be happy that you can learn from your past.
    However you choose to live your life I'm sure it will be fantastic.
    Luck & Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you. I'm sorry. But I'm just... happy-sad. For your realization and loss.

    I'm supporting you.

    x

    ReplyDelete