.

Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it.

- William Durant

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine.

I don't think I've ever cried from happiness before. For a long time, I didn't understand why people shed tears when they were happy.
Until tonight.
A little over one month ago, a boy left me. While it may not have been the only reason, my eating played a role in ending the relationship, it was a part of it. And all this time, trying to fix it, I've gained weight.
There's one thing all of us have in common. We're looking for some sort of acceptance. And here we are, searching for acceptance from everyone in the form of skinny. But what I didn't realize until tonight was that we don't need the whole world's opinion. We don't need the entire world to think we're beautiful. All we need is one important soul to praise us, and tell us that everything about us is perfect. That we're amazing, inside and out. Even if we're not just skin and bone.
I found him.
He came back.
This time, he made me cry for all the right reasons.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! That is just like the sweetest thing, that just made my day, *smiles*. Maybe this thing called love still does exist! :O

    :D, no really, i am so happy for you! Happy V-day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I'm so excited for you that
    your boyfriend came back. And the way you wrote
    it, it sounded so amazing.

    And you are so right about everything above.
    I'm glad some of us can see how beauty does
    not equal love or life. I'm glad you posted
    this; I need reminding every once in a while.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete