.

Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it.

- William Durant

Thursday, December 10, 2009

I haven't really had a worthwhile post in a couple days. But I've still been checking up on all your blogs. I'm just not sure what to really blog about anymore. It's somewhat sad, that aside from my eating disorder, my life is pretty uneventful to the point that I don't have anything else to talk about. There's my boyfriend, but I'm not sure you all want to hear about him all the time.

I think humans burden themselves with problems, just so that they can feel. Fight, just to draw anger. Complain, just to remind yourself of all the annoying things that bother you in life. Involve yourself in something upsetting, just to draw some tears so that you know you aren't some sort of heartless robot. When there is no emotion, we crave emotion. But when there is too much, we are still unsatisfied.

Perhaps it's just that humans are naturally needy beings. We are selfish, never content with our lives. And when things become like a fairytale, we must ruin it, to feel real again. Happiness seems too surreal, and we just don't feel like it makes sense.

God forbid, happiness isn't enough of an emotion to keep us smiling, apparently.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you just said. I don't
    really know how to reply to this.... Like you
    said, Happiness isn't enough to keep us
    smiling.

    Dostoevsky once said:
    "Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering."

    And that, sir, is true.



    And yes, Princess Diana really did say that.
    She said it in an interview I found on youtube.
    She is my idol. I've always been obsessed
    with her and when I found out that she was
    bulimic and cut herself, I cried for her, even
    though she was already dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very philosophical post! You're so insightful.

    ReplyDelete