.

Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it.

- William Durant

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Morning of Day 6.

"I'm a satellite heart, lost in the dark. I'm spun out so far; You stop, I start. But I'll be true to you."


Good morning everyone. Or afternoon, rather. Or maybe even good night, depending on where you are. I'm in a fairly indifferent mood this morning. Not ecstatic, but I wouldn't say it's a bad mood. Today is day six of the fast. I stepped on the scale, finally.

It was 126 on the dot.

It wasn't exactly the number I was looking for. I was hoping for at least 124. But I went through that stage where I put on boyfriend weight. So I'm pretty positive I've lost a good ten pounds now. I can't be disappointed for that. Today is the last day of the fast, I'm thinking. I'd love to go longer, but I promised mom that after new years... it was time to eat. I think I'm done with fasting for a while. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every second of this week, but it's very hard and suspicious trying to avoid food. You have to cancel outings, ignore food in the fridge, and say no to any particular thing that involves food because you don't want to look like the idiot sitting there sipping some water while everyone else gorges.

Although I will say that I experiencd some health and mental changes during this fast. Probably due to it's length. I haven't craved a single bit of sugar since day two. Honestly, I'm dying to break the fast with a bowl of broccoli and spinach and maybe a little garlic powder sprinkled on top. I feel healthier. I sleep less, but wake up even more refreshed. My skin has pretty much cleared up more than it ever has. I don't wake up feeling like I just showered in a tub of grease. I have better concentration, and I'm able to focus and remember things. Over all it was a great experience, but it's time to take a break. I feel disciplined, and definitely feel like I've learned something from this long fast. I never thought I could do it, but I did.

And the hardest challenge of all is breaking the fast and not binging. But I know I can do it, and I will. And once back to my vegan diet, the numbers will keep getting smaller.

Wish me luck, and happy new years eve everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Woooow! A whole week!?!? That is amazing!, Be carefull, dont pass out :P . Or let all that hard work go to waste by binging, you seem like ur on a roll!

    Amazing, again wow, and happy new years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOW,, hehe i just cant get over how long you fasted..lol >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah. Thank you, I worked hard. And I have full intentions of returning to a vegan diet when I'm done. :] Hooray for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on not binging. I can't believe you fasted for a whole week. The longest I fasted was 4 days! You have a beautiful blog!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete