.

Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it.

- William Durant

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm not sure if I even mentioned it in the blog yet or not, but a couple nights ago, my boyfriend and I broke up. It was devastating, even if it's only been a couple months that we've been together. But, last night, I ended up at the house next door to his, babysitting a couple kids with my friend. He texted me, asked me to come outside and we talked.

He told me he needed time.

Now from experiences in my past, that's not something you want to hear. Ever. Usually, it means he wants time with other chicks. And for a while, my friend had me convinced even more so in that belief. But regardless of what my friend and mom were both saying about the situation... I kept a little faith in the back of my heart.

After standing outside, hugging, and talking for a little while, I was beckoned inside for some dinner that my friend made. I wasn't really hungry, but, I left. Mostly because I was cold, and the scene itself was just depressing. Although I must say, the huge falling snow flakes that scattered themselves all over us really did make the situation romantic - regardless of the fact that it was more depressing than a funeral. He asked me to text him, just before I left.

So I did.

It was maybe.. an hour or so later, I got another text. "Come outside." Again? I wasn't expecting much. I was actually kind of sad, because I didn't want to just be told the same thing again - to give him time. So I reluctantly made my way outside again into the falling snow. I saw him heading up the drive way, rushing almost. Before I could even speak, he was right in front of me with a tight arm around my waist and pressed his lips into mine. It was the most passionate kiss I think anyone has ever given me. My insides melted, regardless of how freezing it was.

The whole night I somewhat felt like he was just messing with my feelings. I mean, it's hard to tell what a person is thinking over text messages. So I asked, "I hope you didn't kiss me like that... just to tell me you still need time." He smiled, and shook his head. "No, it was me telling you I want you back." What'd I do? I smiled and hugged him. We smiled, we kissed, we laughed, and we were happy again. I still can't say I'm entirely sure why we broke up - aside from the ED - but I think it's better that I don't. I don't really want to know. I'm just glad to be back with him, and he seems happy again. Happy like he was when we met.

As long as he is happy, I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. This should be made into a movie =D
    The best happy "ending" to a story I've
    heard in a while!

    Keep updating as you please!

    ReplyDelete